Do you want to see how Cupcake works for yourself? These generic images representing the current state of the public repository branch known as Cupcake can be used in the Android emulator. Follow the steps to get it up and running.
1. Download and install the Android SDK found here.
2. Download this zip containing new latest Android images:
- android_images_sdk1.5.zip (28Mb)
3. Unpack files to a temporary location.
4. Backup the folder <android-sdk-folder>/tools/lib/images (<android-sdk-folder> is the Android SDK installation folder)
5. Replace the files ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img in <android-sdk-folder>/tools/lib/images with the files unpacked from the zip in step 3.
6. Start the emulator and wait.
You can watch the screencast showing a few of the new features here.
And check the video here