TouchDown, an e-mail application for Android, is working on Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync support, which will allow you to get honest-to-goodness push e-mail on your T-Mobile G1. This application is still in beta, but their next release should upgrade existing customers for free. As is, the app has a whole slew of Exchange synchronization functions that any enterprise e-mailer would love to get their mitts on.
- Compose and send Email
- Reply to, Reply All and Forward your email
- Delete Email messages
- Move email between folders!!!!
- Add, Delete or Edit existing contacts when you are on the move.
- The changes to your contacts will be automatically updated to your Exchange account.
- View your daily/weekly/monthly calendar
- Create appointments
- Appointment notifications
- Customizable alerts
- Database on SD Card – saves phone memory
To get a head start on learning the ropes with TouchDown, you can grab it in the Android Market for $29.99.