T-Mobile soon will introduce a new service and a new device for its subscribers. It is not a phone, it is not a Bluetooth headset. What is it? A Picture frame with a sim card buit in. Back on January, Parrot announced the new DF7700, a digital picture frame with a GSM sim card in it. T-Mobile USA soon will offer this service. For 10 dollars per month add it in your account, you will get a new simcard with a number.
You will send a picture message to that number and automatically, your photo will show up on the frame. We don’t k now if T-mobile will use the Parrot picture frame, but we sure know T-Mobile will call it CAMEO. The picture frame will be purchased for 100 dollars.
Stay tuned for more information.
Technical and commercial specifications
High-resolution MMS digital photo frame
- High-resolution digital TFT screen with 720 x 480 pixels
- Displays photos with 262 144 colours
- Display dimensions: 130 x 87 mm
• GPRS Class 10 (dual band) for transferring photos from a phone
• Mini USB port (for transferring photos from a PC)
• SD/MMC card slot (for transferring photos directly from a camera)
- Receives MMS messages
- Photo format: JPEG and GIF
- Stores up to 500 photos
- Automatically adapts the picture size to the screen
- Brightness adjustment
- Automatically rotates the picture (portrait/landscape)
- Adjustable backlight (manual or automatic)
- External frame with an interchangeable leather surroundMemory cards accepted:
SD, miniSD (with adapter), microSD (with adapter), MMC, RS-MMC (with adapter), MMC plus, MMC mobile (with adapter), MMC micro (with adapter), SDHC, mini SDHC (with adapter).
Without external frame:
Width: 193 mm
Height: 147 mm
Depth: 21 mm
Weight: 580 g
With external frame:
Width: 222 mm
Height: 176 mm
Depth: 22.5 mm
Weight: 720 g