FCC just passed the new Wireless Modem from Huawei, the E583C with 1700/2100 HSDPA T-Mo bands. The E583C converts 3.5G HSPA mobile signal into an umbrella of powerful Wi-Fi coverage, automatically creating safe group Internet access and individual Wi-Fi hot points for up to five Wi-Fi-enabled digital devices. The E583C can also provide simultaneous internet access to a sixth device when it is connected to a laptop computer via a USB cable. Its design is fashionable and handy (with net weight of 90 grams), and comes with a 1-inch color OLED display which can clearly show information such as operator-network details, signal strength, Wi-Fi connection status, and battery level. The E583C enables easy wireless data transmission or online gaming on a wide range of Wi-Fi-enabled digital devices, including iPads, iPod Touchs, netbooks, laptop computers, portable multimedia centers, game consoles, personal digital assistants (PDAs), handsets and digital cameras.
Other features on the device include a microSD slot for storage (up to 32GB) as well as the addition of a 1 inch OLED screen to provide details of connectivity and battery life.
Is this the first wireless modem (mifi) for T-Mobile?
Specifications after the jump
Huawei E583C Router Specifications
- HSPA/UMTS 2100/900 MHz
- EDGE/GPRS/GSM 1900/1800/900/850 MHz
- HSUPA (UL) data service of up to 5.76 Mbps
- HSDPA (DL) data service of up to 7.2 Mbps
- Plug and play (PnP)
- Internal memory: 128MB Flash, 64MB Memory
- Power supply: AC: 100V~240V; DC: 5V, 1A
- Battery : Type: Li (Rechargeable); Capacity: 3.7V, 1400mAh; Maximum working time: 3.5 hours; Maximum standby time: 100 hours
- LED: OLED screen
- key-press: power switch, WPS switch
- Dimensions (D × W × H): 96.0mm×57.0mm×11.5mm
- Weight: about 90g (including the battery)
- USB Extension Cable, easy to connect
- Standard mini USB interface
- Built-in WCDMA and WLAN high gain antenna
- External main diversity antenna interface
- Micro Secure Digital Memory (Micro SD) Card
- Windows Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ MAC operating system (OS) 10.4 and above