As you know the new Android 2.3 Gingerbread is coming with new features exclusively only on the Nexus S, for now. But thanks to our friends of XDA, now we can get the new and improved Gingerbread Keyboard on our Galaxy S phones, like the Vibrant or Captivate.
Here is how.. ( do it on your own risk)
- Device must have root priveleges with Superuser
- Android 2.2 Froyo operating system
- Deodexed ROM
- The latest “Voice Search” application from the Android Market
- Make a backup of LatinIME.apk in system/app folder just in case!
- Clockwork Mod Recovery
- Go to the Market and download Rom Manager to install CWM Recovery
- Vibrate on keypress doesn’t work
- Download the .zip file provided by Peter Alfonso and Fabolous
- Mount your device as USB storage and throw the zip file into the root folder (the main one)
- Boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery
- Once in CWM recovery choose to install zip from sdcard
- Choose to install the GingerBreadLatinIME.zip you downloaded in Step 1
- Reboot your device! Congratulations!
“With Gingerbread, copying and pasting text is easier than ever. Use the new text selection tool to copy and paste when entering text or viewing a webpage.”