A_pheonix_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Cell Phone Carrier: T-Mobile
Main Phone: Nokia N810
2nd Phone: CECT A88
3rd Phone: MOTO RAZR2 V8 Gold
Wink 3G Iphone Due July11

Apple
Apple - iPhone

Apple - "Introducing iPhone 3G. With fast 3G wireless technology, GPS mapping, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App Store, iPhone 3G puts even more features at your fingertips. And like the original iPhone, it combines three products in one — a revolutionary phone, a widescreen iPod, and a breakthrough Internet device with rich HTML email and a desktop-class web browser. iPhone 3G. It redefines what a mobile phone can do — again."

3G Speed. Worldwide.

"3G technology gives iPhone fast access to the Internet and email over cellular networks around the world. iPhone 3G also makes it possible to do more in more places: Surf the web, download email, get directions, and watch video — even while you’re on a call."

How it works.

"iPhone 3G uses a technology protocol called HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) to download data fast over UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) networks. Email attachments and web pages load twice as fast on 3G networks as on 2G EDGE networks.1 And since iPhone 3G seamlessly switches between EDGE, faster 3G, and even faster Wi-Fi, you always get the best speeds possible."

More wireless. Less space.

"iPhone 3G delivers UMTS, HSDPA, GSM, Wi-Fi, EDGE, GPS, and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR in one compact device — using only two antennas. Clever iPhone engineering integrates those antennas into a few unexpected places: the metal ring around the camera, the audio jack, the metal screen bezel, and the iPhone circuitry itself. And intelligent iPhone power management technology gives you up to 5 hours of talk time over 3G networks.2 That’s some of the best in the business."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MAR
Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Cell Phone User

City: Houston
State/Province: TX
Referrals:
kdAlise is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Main Phone: iPhone 3G
Default Re: 3G Iphone Due July11

No plans here to get one yet. I'll probably wait and see what reviews come out.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Cell Phone User

City: Columbus
State/Province: GA
Referrals:
cwilliams706 is on a distinguished road
Main Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Main Phone: Apple iPhone 4 32GB
Default Re: 3G Iphone Due July11

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_pheonix_boy View Post
Apple
Apple - iPhone

Apple - "Introducing iPhone 3G. With fast 3G wireless technology, GPS mapping, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App Store, iPhone 3G puts even more features at your fingertips. And like the original iPhone, it combines three products in one — a revolutionary phone, a widescreen iPod, and a breakthrough Internet device with rich HTML email and a desktop-class web browser. iPhone 3G. It redefines what a mobile phone can do — again."

3G Speed. Worldwide.

"3G technology gives iPhone fast access to the Internet and email over cellular networks around the world. iPhone 3G also makes it possible to do more in more places: Surf the web, download email, get directions, and watch video — even while you’re on a call."

How it works.

"iPhone 3G uses a technology protocol called HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) to download data fast over UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) networks. Email attachments and web pages load twice as fast on 3G networks as on 2G EDGE networks.1 And since iPhone 3G seamlessly switches between EDGE, faster 3G, and even faster Wi-Fi, you always get the best speeds possible."

More wireless. Less space.

"iPhone 3G delivers UMTS, HSDPA, GSM, Wi-Fi, EDGE, GPS, and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR in one compact device — using only two antennas. Clever iPhone engineering integrates those antennas into a few unexpected places: the metal ring around the camera, the audio jack, the metal screen bezel, and the iPhone circuitry itself. And intelligent iPhone power management technology gives you up to 5 hours of talk time over 3G networks.2 That’s some of the best in the business."

Very clever engineering tactics, if I do say so myself. I'm still not going to jump ship just for the 3G iPhone though, even though my monthly bill would be $25 with my employee discount from RadioShack lol.
Sidekick 3, LG VX10000, BlackBerry 8130, BlackBerry 8330, Samsung SPH-a640, HTC XV6800, Apple iPhone 3G 8GB, Unlocked BlackBerry Storm 9530, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a, Samsung Impression, Motorola Backflip, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB, Samsung Captivate, Apple iPhone 4 16GB

Phones I've Owned Prior To Starting My Own Account:
Nokia (CellularOne), Motorola T720, Samsung SCH-a670, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, Motorola Q, LG VX8550