T-Mobile Tech Support Ask technical questions about your phone accessories, phone, or service here!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Cell Phone User

City: Miami
State/Province: FL
Poster Rank: #165
Referrals:
qbangringo is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Cell Phone Carrier: T-Mobile
Main Phone: Curve
Default Tmobile prepaid phone on post paid account

Ok, I know you can purchase a prepaid T mobile phone and just put your sim in and it works, even if you are on a post paid account. The question I have is what if you are on a MyFavs plan. I know phones have to be myfavs compatible, so if you buy a prepaid are they myfavs compatible?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Cell Phone User

City: NE
State/Province: PA
Poster Rank: #14
Referrals:
ssassy01d is on a distinguished road
Main Phone: Razr
2nd Phone: Moto Razr
3rd Phone: Moto Razr
Default Re: Tmobile prepaid phone on post paid account

some are, I know the Nokia 6103 and of course the Nokia 2610 is and I believe the Samsung Stripe is, as well as the T319 In all fairness, I have a myFaves plan and two of my phones AREN'T MyFaves compatible, I just manage myFaves through MyTmobile.com with no problems at all. Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ssassy01d; 10-25-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Adding to my post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Cell Phone User

Referrals:

Oh cause when i used a unlocked slvr once before , I would make a few calls to only people who were on myfavs and when i checked my minutes later, the used minutes increased by the amount of talk time i had spoken to them. Maybe that has changed since I did that which was back in april, but tmo still says you must use myfavs compatible phone. Thanks for the rapid response. I just was thinking about purchasing the nokia 2610 prepaid to use as a phone when i go to the beach, on the boat, or am working on the cars so i dont damage my WING! ,,,, Hey would anyone know where I can buy a cheap 6133? THanks!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Cell Phone User

City: NE
State/Province: PA
Poster Rank: #14
Referrals:
ssassy01d is on a distinguished road
Main Phone: Razr
2nd Phone: Moto Razr
3rd Phone: Moto Razr

Now I'm not sure how it works, with Unlocked phones, mine are all Tmobile phones, just not MyFaves compatible, and they work. The 2610 would be fine for you if you wanted, I hear its a really great phone. As for the 6133, I buy all my phones from Ebay, you can get some really good deals on there if you hunt for them. Watch out for the shipping scalpers though, no way in He** does it cost 25.00 to ship a phone. I sold one of my old ones on Ebay and mailed it to Cali for a little over 5.00 and that was with delivery confirmation. Just a heads up if you choose to go that way.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

City: Turn Around
Poster Rank: #4
Referrals:
kinjutsu11 is on a distinguished road
Main Phone: BB Curve
2nd Cell Phone Carrier: T-Mobile
2nd Phone: Apple iPhone
3rd Cell Phone Carrier: T-Mobile
3rd Phone: Nokia n81

T-Mobile only wants you to get a myFaves phone because of the interface and the experience behind it. Not to mention getting some more money out of existing customers. But like Sass said, the only thing you gotta do if you are using an unlocked/non-myFaves handset is manage them online. Being able to manage your contacts on your phone is the only advantage to getting a myFaves handset.

My opinions/views/comments are just that, MINE, no one else's, not T-Mobile's, or any other carrier, any of their dealers, or any manufacturers.
Other than that....Let's Rock!!

ATT
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Cell Phone User

City: Oklahoma City
State/Province: OK
Poster Rank: #19
Referrals:
Scooby214 is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Phone: I"m switching p

I currently have a prepaid Samsung t219 that I use with my Myfaves account. Even though the package doesn't advertise Myfaves, the phone has the Myfaves symbol on the battery cover. When I put in my postpaid SIM, the Myfaves software appeared.

The newer t219 prepaid phones are actually the t219s, meaning they have the newer, updated Myfaves software, as well as the Network Address Book backup feature. Plus, the t219s has an amazingly loud earpiece, and the screen contrast is better than on the original t219.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Cell Phone User

Referrals:

So does anyone think that the nokia 2610 will do the same thing! I am hoping to either get this phone on Tmo's sight for 40 or get it on ebay for like 25. I just want a cheap phone to use when I work on the cars or go to the beach so I dont mess up my primary Tmo wing! Thanks!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Cell Phone User

City: Oklahoma City
State/Province: OK
Poster Rank: #19
Referrals:
Scooby214 is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Phone: I"m switching p

The 2610 will do the exact same thing. The prepaid 2610 has the Myfaves software installed. You have a great idea for having that phone to use when working on cars. I have a prepaid 6030 that I use for that exact purpose. (It also has the Myfaves software and I use it with my postpaid sim.) If you buy one from Ebay, you must be sure that it is a T-Mobile branded phone. If it isn't a T-Mobile branded 2610, it won't have the Myfaves software.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Cell Phone User

City: Minneapolis
State/Province: MN
Poster Rank: #3
Referrals:
Nwahs is on a distinguished road
Main Phone: SE W710i

MyFaves on a Non MyFaves phone will work. MyFaves minute are done in T-mobile's system, not your phone, so although you wont have the ability to change you Fave5 on your phone's MyFaves interface, you can change them from the phone via Customer Care, or at T-zones.