Administrator

City: small town
State/Province: TX
Referrals:
Juan M is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Main Phone: Samsung A517
Default Verizon's "There's a Map for That" Commercial

I'm sure you have all seen this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zagFT...eature=related

If not, there's the link. ATT has filed a lawsuit against Verizon over this commercial.

Quote:
AT&T filed the lawsuit Tuesday in federal court in the Northern District of Georgia, claiming that Verizon's "There's a Map for That" TV ads are misleading. AT&T claims the ads lead viewers to believe that areas shown in white on a map of the U.S. have no AT&T wireless coverage at all, but in fact the white regions are just those that are outside of AT&T's fast 3G service area. Verizon said through a spokeswoman Tuesday that the ads are accurate and clearly state in text that the white areas on the map just have no 3G service and are not entirely without coverage.

AT&T is seeking an emergency injunction to stop the ads, arguing that they are causing AT&T to lose "incalculable market share" and customer goodwill. It is also seeking unspecified monetary damages.

However, three experts said that the Verizon ads alone would not have focused as much public attention on AT&T's perceived network weaknesses as the AT&T lawsuit has.

"I think AT&T has a good point about the Verizon ads, but unfortunately by filing the lawsuit, they are showing their shortcomings," said Gene Grabowski, a crisis communications consultant at Levick Strategic Communications in Washington. "The lawsuit brings [AT&T's network coverage] to a higher level of scrutiny."
Here is the article if you want to read it.

What do you think?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator

City: small town
State/Province: TX
Referrals:
Juan M is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Phone: Samsung A517
Default Re: Verizon's "There's a Map for That" Commercial

Interestingly enough, now ATT comes out with a commercial of their own defending their stance on their service's coverage.

Pretty weak in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PbB...layer_embedded
Old 12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Cell Phone User

City: Columbus
State/Province: GA
Referrals:
cwilliams706 is on a distinguished road
Main Phone: Apple iPhone 4 32GB
Default Re: Verizon's "There's a Map for That" Commercial

You should check out Apple's new commercials aimed at defending the iPhone and AT&Ts network. AT&T also launched a new commercial pointing out the advantage of rollover minutes.
Sidekick 3, LG VX10000, BlackBerry 8130, BlackBerry 8330, Samsung SPH-a640, HTC XV6800, Apple iPhone 3G 8GB, Unlocked BlackBerry Storm 9530, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a, Samsung Impression, Motorola Backflip, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB, Samsung Captivate, Apple iPhone 4 16GB

Phones I've Owned Prior To Starting My Own Account:
Nokia (CellularOne), Motorola T720, Samsung SCH-a670, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, Motorola Q, LG VX8550