Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Cell Phone User

City: Houston
State/Province: TX
Referrals:
kdAlise is an unknown quantity at this point
Main Cell Phone Carrier: AT&T
Main Phone: iPhone 3G
Default Re: Anyone purchased the 3G iPhone?

The biggest con, for me, is battery life. It's not that great. If I used it like I used my Razr (mostly just for talking on the phone, which I don't do that often) maybe it would last 2 or 3 days. As I actually use it, though, (check email, Twitter, play music, etc) I have to recharge it every day. Another con is that I haven't found a way to make my own ringtones for it. You can "make" ringtones for 99 cents each in iTunes (take on of your songs, select any 15-30 second piece of it, and it does the work for you). The thing I hate about that is that you have to pay an extra 99 cents to use songs you already paid for in full.

I'm not sure if this counts as a pro or a con: I am now totally attached to it. If I lost it, I would feel lost. It has my contacts and calendar, I use Google Maps (with GPS) to find everything, it's slowly replacing my old iPod, and I can look stuff up on Wikipedia anytime, anywhere.

The things I count as pure pros are somewhat superficial I think: 1) Total eye candy. It's beautiful. It works beautifully. Everything about it is pretty and neat and just plain cool. 2) Apps. I have an APOD app, a star gazer app, a Twitter app, a YouTube app, a chess app, games, a notepad, the Weather channel -- all either free or pretty cheap (avg $3 or $4). I even have one app (99 cents) that lets you read classic books that are public domain (Alice in Wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island, Call of the Wild, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc).
Screenshot:

Last edited by kdAlise; 01-15-2009 at 11:40 AM.