PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the clothes washer, my phone...

Scooby214
07-19-2007, 02:44 PM
My wife washed her phone. It was a Moto v323i, on US Cellular. We had been waiting for the contract to end next year so she could move over to T-Mobile. Our options were to get a used phone, pay full price ($250) for a replacement camera phone, or pay the $150 ETF and get rid of US Cellular.

So, $150 later, my wife has joined me in using T-Mobile! We are on the promo Myfaves for families 1000 plan for $59/month. We don't need the nights and weekends anyway, and I already have the $9.99 hotspot addon, so we will save about $30/month now! :)

We ended up getting the Samsung t409 for her, and in some ways I like it better than my Nokia 6086.

chokaay
07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
My wife washed her phone. It was a Moto v323i, on US Cellular. We had been waiting for the contract to end next year so she could move over to T-Mobile. Our options were to get a used phone, pay full price ($250) for a replacement camera phone, or pay the $150 ETF and get rid of US Cellular.

So, $150 later, my wife has joined me in using T-Mobile! We are on the promo Myfaves for families 1000 plan for $59/month. We don't need the nights and weekends anyway, and I already have the $9.99 hotspot addon, so we will save about $30/month now! :)

We ended up getting the Samsung t409 for her, and in some ways I like it better than my Nokia 6086.

Really? When I played around with both demo phones in a T-mobile store, I personally thought that the Nokia was better (at least less-cheap-feeling), but I didn't get to play with them that long, nor make any WiFi calls since they didn't set up the routers in the store.

Maybe if you have some time, you can write a brief comparison review on the Nokia vs. Samsung? I'm pretty curious as to what other people are thinking about these phones... :o

Scooby214
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll see about doing a comparison. I think the main things I liked about the Samsung were visual (the phone's style, the blue color, the screen). The camera definitely is better.

I'll put them side-by-side and do some comparisons between the phones.