PDA

View Full Version : 1 pebl up 1 pebl down

xysterztia
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
so i fixed the stupid text messages about voicemail thing on my pebl and now the external lcd stopped working on my wifes' phone. i guess my question is....is she screwed or is there a way to fix it by means other than taking it to tmo.

anfrey
07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
what do you mean it stopped working? does it not light up at all? is there any damage to the screen? is it receiving any power at all? wonder if the connectors got loose or something...

xysterztia
07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
the external lcd lights up when closed but there is nothing displayed on it. i don't see any damage. do you have any tips (dos and don'ts) before i open it and check the connectors?

anfrey
07-01-2007, 03:16 PM
just the basics..

1) always ground yourself

2) do not work on carpet or anything that can build up static

3) "measure twice, cut once." take your time and be careful. the components are very delicate.

4) post photos for us, and perhaps write a how-to :)

Scooby214
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Worst case scenario, if you brick the phone while working on it, you can get a T-Mobile ToGo phone for little money and put your wife's SIM in it. You won't find a ToGo PEBL, though.

CSI_Nut
07-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Worst case scenario, if you brick the phone while working on it, you can get a T-Mobile ToGo phone for little money and put your wife's SIM in it. You won't find a ToGo PEBL, though.

You can get an unlocked Pebl from Motorola's website directly. Not cheap, but it's there...

Scooby214
07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
You can get an unlocked Pebl from Motorola's website directly. Not cheap, but it's there...
Very true. I purchased one and returned during the first 30 days. It seemed as though I could get so much more for the $150 (shipped). If you like the PEBL, I would recommend getting through the Moto website as opposed to buying it on eBay. The unbranded ones through Moto's site are intended for the US market. Perhaps that is why my PEBL didn't have the voicemail text problems that the OP has dealt with.

CSI_Nut
07-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Is the Samsung Stripe on TMO2Go's phone list similar to the PEBL?

Unsupported Browser (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?class=prepaid&device=79bcd602-1c1a-47ef-9bd5-aa5a72232ea0)

kcladygemini
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
CSI_Nut - Is the stripe like the PEBL in appearance or function?

Xysterztia- Is your Pebl not under warranty anymore?

CSI_Nut
07-01-2007, 09:04 PM
CSI_Nut - Is the stripe like the PEBL in appearance or function?

Xysterztia- Is your Pebl not under warranty anymore?

I was asking because I don't know myself.

Scooby214
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6086/2.0 (13.51) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

The Stripe is quite similar. I don't think it supports as many bluetooth profiles, but it has a better camera. Opera Mini works on the PEBL, while it won't on the Stripe.

kcladygemini
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
lol, sorry, I didn't make that very clear. What I meant was are you asking about appearance or function? They are relative in size, both fli phones. The PEBL is a little more modern or futuristic looking on the inside. Just personal opinion. They are both bluetooth compatible for connecting to a headset or a computer, The PEBL has Push To Talk Technology as well, but not with T-Mobile of course. They both support downloadable ringtones, although the Stripe I don't beleive suports MP3 ringtones and the PEBL does. The pebble has a push-to-open button. It doesn't really make a difference in the US, but if you travel abroad, the PEBL is quad band nad the Stripe only Tri

kcladygemini
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
lol, Sorry, I guess I should have phrased that question a little differently. That was a question about which info you had questions on. The appearance or function. They have a lot of the same functions, both bluetooth compatible, the PEBL actually is equiped for Push-To-Talk technology, but not with T-Mob of course. They both support ringtone, game, and wallpapaer downloads, however, the stripe I don't beleive accepts MP3 file formats and the PEBL does.

xysterztia
07-08-2007, 02:00 PM
KcLaDyGeMinI, no the warranty is up