PDA

View Full Version : A RAZR-Like T-Mobile Sidekick May Be in Development

Alex
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
A RAZR-Like T-Mobile Sidekick May Be in Development

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5402/6287he8.jpg

T-Mobile's Sidekick line has been popular with teens and hipsters for years now, but no one would ever accuse these smartphones of being too small or too light. However, some strong evidence has emerged that this line of devices will soon become significantly smaller.
(view large image)

Renderings of what are supposed to be two upcoming Sidekick models have been leaked to The Boy Genius Report. No specifications came along with these, but that hasn't stopped people from attempting to fit these devices in with other rumors.

According to earlier reports, Motorola has been working on a Sidekick that will be somewhat similar to its RAZR line of very thin phones. It has been suggested that this is the unit listed as the "Sidekick Slide" in these leaked renderings.

In addition, the Sidekick 3 has been on the market for a year now, so many people are expecting a successor. This might be the device simply labeled "Sidekick" in the renderings.

Passing the Torch?

Whatever these model names turn out to be, if these renderings turn out to be actual Sidekick devices then they will mark a new chapter in the Sidekick line.

The large "M" on the Sidekick Slide makes it obvious that these will be the first Sidekicks designed by Motorola.

The original smartphones in this line were created by Danger, Inc., the company that is responsible for the operating system all these devices use. Later, Sharp took over hardware design while Danger continued to write the software.

SOURCE: Brighthand

Ellen
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
The blue colored one on the left looks sharp. Being a Motorola fan, I would probable buy one of these myself just to test it out.

chokaay
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I prefer the looks of the Sidekick Slide... but it looks like a fingerprint-magnet... :(

jlopez26
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
IMO the slide looks like the ugliest thing every!!! the one on the left looks nicer... but motorola's are cheap and break easily. so idk. look at how the razr is. it brakes extremely easley!

--Jordan

redwildebeast
06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
sidekicks are horrible phones as it is and now they are gonna let the maker of the worst phone ever produced( the razr of course) make the new sidekicks. one ****ty UI with another even ****tier UI and what do you get. this crap.

anfrey
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
i don't see anything RAZR-like here... and that new sidekick looks like an MDA

Ellen
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
IMO the slide looks like the ugliest thing every!!! the one on the left looks nicer... but motorola's are cheap and break easilyso idk. look at how the razr is. it brakes extremely easley!

--Jordan

IMHO, this all depends on how a person takes care of their Motorola. Any handset will brake easily if it's not handled right, no matter who manufactures the phone.....I've had plenty of Motorola handsets, including the RAZR and never had one brake on me just from normal usage.

cesarrri12
06-19-2007, 05:54 AM
it looks like the scren will break easy