PDA

View Full Version : Washed my phone accidently!

haloaddict
06-18-2007, 09:38 AM
So I accidentally left my phone in my jean pocket and ended up throwing it into the washing machine. Yes, I know, stupid me! It's no longer working and I have to get a new phone. Yet, I just don't want to buy a new one from the store...are there any local places in Denver to go to purchase a new phone? I've been debating searching on eBay but it seems like it would take forever to get here. What about refurbished phones? Oh, and is there any way to hide the fact that it went through the wash? I know there are a lot of T-Mobile employees on this site who may know some tricks on how to get around this.

Thanks! :)

Ellen
06-18-2007, 09:53 AM
There are no tricks to getting around a phone that has been damaged due to water. There is a white dot on the back of the handset, that once it has come in contact with any type of moisture will turn red. All employees at the stores are trained to look for this when any defective handset is taken into their stores.
If you don't have insurance on your account, and don't want to spend alot of money for a replacement, then I would recommend that you look into purchasing one of TMobile To Go prepaid phones. They are available at Target, and Walmart, as well as on line for under $100.00. You can use your postpaid SIM card in one of those phones.

killerbeezzz
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I'd also consider going to the 3rd party dealers and see if they have any refurbs in the backroom...ya never know! I'd call around to a couple stores.

chokaay
06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
There are no tricks to getting around a phone that has been damaged due to water. There is a white dot on the back of the handset, that once it has come in contact with any type of moisture will turn red. All employees at the stores are trained to look for this when any defective handset is taken into their stores.
If you don't have insurance on your account, and don't want to spend alot of money for a replacement, then I would recommend that you look into purchasing one of TMobile To Go prepaid phones. They are available at Target, and Walmart, as well as on line for under $100.00. You can use your postpaid SIM card in one of those phones.

I second what M.P. said. You CAN'T hide significant water damage it from T-mo, and the cheaper route is probably buying a T-mo To Go Prepaid Phone and using it (at least temporarily) until you can afford a better phone. They start at $29.99 for the Nokia 6030 Prepaid Kit (sometimes with a $30 Mail-In Rebate, which would make it FREE... look HERE (http://t-mobilesignal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182)).

Alex
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Next time, put it in a bowl of rice! ;) Dry out your soaked gadgets in rice! (http://lifehacker.com/software/macgyver-tip/dry-out-your-soaked-gadgets-in-rice-269427.php)

anfrey
06-18-2007, 03:50 PM
hehe i read about that on the stacks... that poor guy...

christyxcore
06-19-2007, 12:47 AM
i never knew about the rice trick til now

cesarrri12
06-19-2007, 05:30 AM
whats phone was it