PDA

View Full Version : Any "Unlimited" Internet Users get the boot?

kinjutsu11
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Just read this:
Verizon Pays Up For Disconnecting Heavy Users of Unlimited Data (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/10/24/verizon-pays-up-for-disconnecting-heavy-users-of-unlimited-data/)

So, have any Verizon users gotten the boot due to excessive internet data usage? What was your experience like, and did Verizon do anything to make it up to you?

gapboi954
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Just read this:
Verizon Pays Up For Disconnecting Heavy Users of Unlimited Data (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/10/24/verizon-pays-up-for-disconnecting-heavy-users-of-unlimited-data/)

So, have any Verizon users gotten the boot due to excessive internet data usage? What was your experience like, and did Verizon do anything to make it up to you?

The Cell Phone carriers are getting crazy

kinjutsu11
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I know Comcast was doing this with their users too. I'm glad they haven't cut me off as I use a lot of data. I use T-Mobile, and they've yet to get me for this one, thank goodness!

gapboi954
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I know Comcast was doing this with their users too. I'm glad they haven't cut me off as I use a lot of data. I use T-Mobile, and they've yet to get me for this one, thank goodness!

Same here with both companies... thats so shady though

kinjutsu11
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Same here with both companies... thats so shady though

They should be clearly stating if there is a cap or not, and what that cap is. Apparently, Verizon also cuts you off if you use P2P services on their broadband wireless network! LAME!!

SJSMR2
10-24-2007, 07:17 PM
They should be clearly stating if there is a cap or not, and what that cap is. Apparently, Verizon also cuts you off if you use P2P services on their broadband wireless network! LAME!!

This sounds right on par for Verizon.

Rzrlvr74
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
That's really, really bad. I mean, why pay for unlimited access if you aren't going to use it? Come on, Verizon, that's just wrong.

gapboi954
10-24-2007, 07:50 PM

Verizon has a history of being shady with their business practices :mad:

Nwahs
10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Well we can't entirely blame Verizon considering that they cut people off when they are doing illegal things. That said, it still isn't their job to be the police...

Ellen
11-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Verizon has a history of being shady with their business practices :mad:

They do? I honestly can't say that Verizon's policies/practices are that different from any of the other wireless carriers.

Ellen
11-07-2007, 08:51 AM

I do remember reading in their online terms of service a few months ago, back when I still had Verizon, that there was a 5GB limit on data. But I don't think that their customers were fully aware what exactly was meant by the cap, until their service was cut off.
I see here: http://www.cellphonesignal.com/verizon-changes-tos-t2152.html?p=20583 that Verizon is starting to change their advertisements to reflect the facts...They are also changing their terms of service agreements as well.

christyxcore
11-25-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm hearing a lot of things about carriers cutting off customers for using too much of something...

Too much it's scary what's next o_o