PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend!

ssassy01d
09-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I just wanted to wish everyone here on Tsig, a SAFE and Happy Labor Day weekend! :fall:Party hearty :drunkburp:(but safely) and fire up that one last BBQ!! Watch the darn traffic, its nuts here!! :auto:

Nokiaman42
09-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Same here everybody have a safe and great labor day weekend. Got to have that last cookout lolhttp://zuppija.com/images/smiles/barbecue.png

kinjutsu11
09-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks, Sass! Happy labor day weekend everyone!
I'll be working on Monday, but i'm off tomorrow, so you know i'll be relaxin for one day at least!

Alex
09-01-2007, 08:13 AM
ahhh thanks! I actually almost died a day or two ago. In Boulder, we have crosswalks everywhere and it's against the law to continue driving when someone enters the crosswalk. Before entering the crosswalk, I looked to see if the cars were stopping. The first two cars did. I entered the crosswalk and I saw the third vehicle (Land Rover) slowing down. Well, I was about one foot away from the Land Rover when it decided to gun it and keep going. She must have been going around 40mph. Thus, I dropped the drink I was carrying and stepped back immediately! It scared me to death! This is probably the closest I've ever come to death. Any way, have a happy and safe Labor Day!

:dance2:

ssassy01d
09-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Wow Alex!!!!! I'm glad you're ok! I live in a town of 700 people, Interstate 81 runs right through here and of course they are doing construction! So all the weekend traffic is getting off the highway and going through our little town. It literally took me 20 minutes to cross Main Street to go to the PO to get my mail! Sheesh! Thats with the big rigs sailing through town at 55 in a 35 zone, it drives me nuts!

Scooby214
09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
ahhh thanks! I actually almost died a day or two ago. In Boulder, we have crosswalks everywhere and it's against the law to continue driving when someone enters the crosswalk. Before entering the crosswalk, I looked to see if the cars were stopping. The first two cars did. I entered the crosswalk and I saw the third vehicle (Land Rover) slowing down. Well, I was about one foot away from the Land Rover when it decided to gun it and keep going. She must have been going around 40mph. Thus, I dropped the drink I was carrying and stepped back immediately! It scared me to death! This is probably the closest I've ever come to death. Any way, have a happy and safe Labor Day!

:dance2:
Glad you were not hurt. I bet that you needed a stronger drink after the incident anyway.

Alex
09-01-2007, 08:30 AM
lol...I was looking for a stronger drink for sure! But I had class coming up...first day to class drunk wouldn't make the best impression!

ssassy01d
09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
LOL! Sorry Proffessor, hic, hic, I needed to get my drink on! hic

Alex
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
LOL too funny Sass

PortPowerKS
09-02-2007, 07:58 AM
And for those of us celebrating Labour Day by working (like me), have a good "holiday"..!

AndrewD
09-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I have to work :(

darkjedi
09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm going to cut up my credit cards! :celebration: I've spent enough money this week!

Inuyasha
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I had to work part of the day yesterday, but I'm off today. About the last cookout thing, that doesn't happen here until sometime in October or November...and sometimes even into December, lol.

Scooby214
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
While I don't have to work, I do have a tall stack of papers to grade.:( I'm sure I'll put them off until Monday evening.

Matt
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, I am in Vegas. No BBQ here. BUFFET!

greenblood
09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
as my mood
due to sickness (recovering) and affection of Vicks 44m (I just take as instructed), I acted like sleeping animal, even slept 16 hours Friday night, and woke up at noon
BOOM!!! I almost forgot cap Thistle and Shamrock!!!
today is not better, walked a bit on Canal Street to buy cable tubing, and still crappy, I even didn't notice the bottle of soda leaked, luckily it's diet, or.....
and I have to finish up these NYPD forms
HELP!!!!!
this long weekend is like nightmare

Mystictrust
09-02-2007, 09:23 PM
While I don't have to work, I do have a tall stack of papers to grade.:( I'm sure I'll put them off until Monday evening.

A-HA! Back in high school/jr high, me and/or my buddies would get the occasional talk from teachers saying that we shouldn't wait until the last minute to start/finish small homework assignments [as well as class "lectures" when announcing the nightly homework]... yet here we have a teacher waiting until the last minute. HMMMMMMM......

;)

AndrewD
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Back to work tomorrow, only two weeks left