PDA

View Full Version : 6101 Dead??

ssassy01d
08-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, I refilled my son's 6101 this morning. Everything was working great, my card went through on MyTmobile with no problems this time, his minutes arrived on the phone. All of a sudden his phone just goes black, like it had shut off. I pushed buttons, nothing, so I figured maybe it needed to be charged but I did see that it had at least 2 or 3 bars left on the battery before it poofed,so I plugged it into the charger and nothing. I let it sit for 30 minutes or so and decided to put my battery in it and it still didnt do anything. thought just maybe it would be the sim but I doubted it and that didnt have an effect either. Then after about 30 more minutes, the darn thing turns on. I called his phone from mine and it rings works fine! Then we went out for the day and in the middle of the day the darn thing goes dead again and now I still cant get it to turn on. So is it safe to say that the phone is dead? It doesnt seem to be the battery or the sim. Its over a year old so the warrenty isnt still in effect.

SoMuch2S@y
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds like it is unfortunately. My mom's 6101 did almost the exact same thing, luckily we got hers in December, so TMobile sent us out the 6103 as a replacement.

ssassy01d
08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
bummer, that phone is probably only 18 mos old at most. It is only a 1 yr warrenty right?

kinjutsu11
08-24-2007, 10:31 PM
bummer, that phone is probably only 18 mos old at most. It is only a 1 yr warrenty right?

yea, only 1year. That sucks, sorry about that Sass! :sad010: Hope everything works out though, and an upgrade is always nice! If its for you! Haha

ssassy01d
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
LMAO!! The phone is working as of about noon today and is so far working fine. I have no flippin idea whats going on with the thing, I'm looking for a cheap 6030 on Ebay just to have a replacement. :dunno::BangHead:

kinjutsu11
08-25-2007, 03:51 PM
The phone is possessed, i'm conviced its messing with you. the backup phone is a good backup...plan....yea....LOL

ssassy01d
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Well I've heard tons of good things about the 6030, so I shouldnt be dissapointed, I'm not crazy about bar phones, but it'll do in a pinch if I have an emergency situation like this!

kinjutsu11
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
that's true, and that's what counts. I'm not a fan of bar phones either, especially low-end ones. It feels like my first Nokia cell phone, every time. Remember those!? The ones everyone had with the antenna and faceplates, i forget the model number now.....ahh, those were the days...or not really, haha!

ssassy01d
08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
omg my very first phone ever was with ATT (before the merger) it was a Nokia 3361 I believe, and compared to the phones now seemed like it weighed a ton:giggle: It cost me 100 bucks brand new. It didn't have an antenna though

SoMuch2S@y
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
oh man my first was with PrimeCo, the ear part of it slid up for calls and I thought it was so damn cool, except it broke off like every couple of weeks. PrimeCo was great about replacements but they all did the same thing LOL

Ellen
08-27-2007, 09:40 AM
It feels like my first Nokia cell phone, every time. Remember those!? The ones everyone had with the antenna and faceplates, i forget the model number now.....ahh, those were the days...or not really, haha!
Sounds like you're talking about the Nokia 5100 models : Nokia 5165 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop) (http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=61)
They were tough phones. I dropped one off of a building once, and it only received a scratch.