As you heard yesterday, T-Mobile G1 users will be seeing a nice new Over-The-Air (OTA) update on their sexy HTC Android devices. What wasn’t available was the details on exactly what this update will include. With out further delay, here is what we know about about the G1 1.1 RC33 update:
New enhancements include:
- The ability to save a picture or file to the memory card from a MMS message by long-pressing on the item.
- New “Check for Upgrades” feature gives customers the ability to check for system upgrades.
- New “Voice Search” feature allows customers to perform a voice-activated Google search (voice search icon will be visible on the Google search bar and located in the menu after the update).
Known Issue fixes include:
- Resolution to Comcast fails to download more than one e-mail – When retrieving e-mails, the device pulls down one e-mail into the inbox. There is no error message but it stays on “Load More Messages” without ever pulling another e-mail.
- Resolution to “Messages” stability issue – When trying to send a message or exit the “Messaging” application, customers receive a pop-up message that reads, “Sorry! Activity Messaging (in application Messaging) is not responding. Force Close Wall”.
- Resolution to Wi-Fi forcing a logout of IM – While using the IM clients on the G1, if customers turn on or off Wi-Fi, the sessions are terminated and customers will need to sign back in.
- Resolution to no reminders for calendar items – Customers are missing appointments due to the lack of a reminder initiating as previously programmed.
- SW improvement for G1 hanging at the G1 screen – A small number of new G1 devices are hanging at the G1 screen during the initial powering up out of the box.
And the kicker? Our tipster told us that this little sentence was on the update page:
- Note: At this time, the “Cupcake” software update is not available for the G1. Information regarding this update will be communicated once information is available.